Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just Like That

Back in November I predicted that in 2009 the market would close out at 6,800.  I did not expect my prediction to come to pass the first week of March 2009.  I had that dire prediction penciled in for the end of the year.  I will stop predicting and instead begin burying bars of gold in the yard and stockpiling crackers and water as the end times are near.  I kid... I kid.  Look if the stocks have to fall let's just get this over with and see what happens. 
Invisible hand of the market please don't move the market back up to 7,200 for a couple of weeks only to drop it to 5,000 right before the 4th of July weekend.  It messes with people and we have been messed with enough.  Take it down as low as it needs to go and then begin the long slow climb up to something approaching the actual value for goods and services.  Is that too much to ask?